Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hey guys! I’m Chelsea and I’m a senior at Montclair. Even though I live about 20 minutes from campus, I have to leave an hour before class because parking is such a nightmare!! (I’m sure you all know that already though). I’m majoring in Sociology and I have no idea what I’m going to do with it once I graduate =/. I have taken an interest in Family Studies though and that is why I have enrolled in this course!  The most obvious career option I have with my future degree is to become a Social Worker, but I have also been looking into working with adoption agencies.
                My family is pretty tight knit. I live with both my parents and have an older sister and a younger brother. My parents have been married for over 25 years and I am fortunate that they provided me with an awesome childhood.  Perhaps that is why I am looking forward to topics like child poverty and effect of divorce and conflict on children.  Learning about these topics, I feel, will better help prepare me to get into a field where I can help children who are struggling.
                I am a newbie to wiki’s. I couldn’t even use my Montclair email to sign up! (hope that’s okay professor). I feel like the hardest part, creating the blog, is now behind me. After doing a little bit of exploring, the wiki seems pretty neat and easy to navigate. I am looking forward to using something other than blackboard =]

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chelsea - it's completely fine that you didn't use your MSU email to sign up, most people didn't ! :) Alexa

    ReplyDelete